OPC grade is a higher strength cement which meet the needs of the consumer for higher strength concrete. As per BIS requirements the minimum 28 days compressive strength of 53 Grade OPC should not be less than 53 Mpa. For certain specialized works, such as prestressed concrete and certain items of precast concrete requiring consistently high strength concrete, the use of 53 grade OPC is found very useful. 53 grade OPC produces higher-grade concrete at very economical cement content. 53 Grade OPC can be used for the following applications.
- RCC works(preferably where grade of concrete is M-25 and above)
- Precast concrete items such as paving blocks, tiles building blocks etc.
- Prestressed concrete components
- Runways, concrete Roads, Bridges etc.
- Asbestos products such as sheets and pipes